COVID-19 Safety Plan
Updated – September 20, 2021
- An attendant for the Nelson Skating Club will meet the NDCC staff at the Main Entrance 15 minutes prior to the booked ice time.
- All individuals entering the facility must wear a mask at all times. They may only be removed on the field of play (ice surface). Everyone will be asked to hand sanitize or wash hands.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, do not attend your session. You will be denied entry. Contact your physician or 811 and follow their directions.
- Participants must be registered and on the official attendance sheet. Only those members who are officially registered for the program/session will be allowed entry. This is to track attendance formally for contact tracing purposes.
- All Adult Skaters (Participants) must show proof of vaccination at the doors.
- Spectators will be allowed entry 5 minutes prior to the ice time and the number will admitted will not exceed 50. Contact information for all spectators will be confirmed. Please, only family members or caregivers attend youth events. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Spectators will be directed to go directly to the concourse and sit in the designated area, distanced from others and to remain seated unless using the washroom facilities, assisting a participant, or leaving the facility. No walking or exercise in the concourse for spectators.
- The number of individuals is limited in each changeroom and posted on the door. Participants have priority in changerooms over parents/caregivers. If a participant needs help with skates please do so quickly and exit the changeroom and go to the seating area immediately.
- Participants who are unable to tie their own skates should have them tied prior to entering the arena or by a caregiver who attends the session. Due to physical distancing volunteers and coaches should not be assisting.
- Participants must stay in the changeroom until they go onto the ice. There is no congregating in common spaces or hallways.
- Drinking fountains are not available. Please bring water bottles that can be filled at filling stations or in dressing rooms for use.
- Showers are not available.
- All Spectators must exit the facility within 5 minutes of the ice session ending. Please wait for your participant outside of the festival doors.
- All Participants/Coaches/Volunteers must exit the arena within 15 minutes of the ice session ending
- The attendant will ensure that everyone has exited the facility and be the last to leave. If there is a positive case of COVID-19 amongst our Participants/Parents/Guardians, it must be reported to the club and information will be shared with the RDCK / Interior Health.